Masjids / Mosques Map for Toronto & Area (click on a pin for details or zoom in)

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finding the Balance: Framework for Worldly and Spiritual Growth @ Islamic Foundation of Toronto - Sat. May 7th: w/ Shaykh Yusuf Badat /Faraz Rabani

Time
Saturday, May 7 · 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Location
Islamic Foundation (Nugget mosque), 431 Nugget Avenue, Toronto

Created By

More Info
A first ever collaborative event between Mathabah Foundation and SeekersGuidance!

A must for highschool/university students & working professionals!

Do you find yourself wishing that you had more time to dedicate to your spiritual affairs? Are you wondering whether your pursuit of education, a career, and even marriage, is preventing your spiritual growth?
...
If the lack of balance in your life frustrates you, then it’s time to rediscover the keys to making every worldly act one that draws you closer to Allah, and to find the right balance in all of your actions.

Join Shaykh Faraz Rabbani and Shaykh Yusuf Badat, and let them guide you through a framework to personally finding the right balance, and enabling growth of both din and dunya.

Admission is FREE!

Register now at www.seekersguidance.org/balance

If any of the following below, sounds like you, then you cannot miss this seminar!

-I am a student at university, i sometimes have exams or class during the time of Salah. Its hard to leave my exam to go pray. I need to find a way to be able to do both, get an A in my classes as well as perform my salah on time.


-I am in my forties, I work almost 50-60 hours a week, I barely have anytime to spend on my family let alone attend masjid halaqas, or even prayer such as Jummah prayer.


-I am a teacher, working to support my family. I work as full time, sometimes staying late, and then bringing work home. I also have kids that need taking care of. I have no time during the week to devote to spirituality.

-I am pursuing my career as a Doctor. Getting into med school is tough, I have 6 classes during the week, assignments, tests, exams and I also volunteer at the local hospital. I want to dedicate my life to serving God as well, but I just cant seem to find any time in my schedule to do so.

-We work 9-5 everyday, our young kids go to daycare. By the time we get home, we are both so tired that we usually just order take out from time to time, and rest as much as we can. Our kids usually attend after school programs, or are just glued to the tv, we need them that way in order to get some rest at home from a tiring day from work.

-I am at my business 13-14 hours a day. I pray 5 times, but I dont feel my Salah being as complete or valid as I think it is. I am constantly engaged in thinking about my business instead of my Lord, when I'm in salah. With such a hectic lifestyle, I cannot concentrate on my Salah.

No comments:

Post a Comment